Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm alive. That's all I'm posting tonight since I have had a more than annoying but less than migraine-strength headache since I awoke this morning. Really, since my last post it's been a little rough around here. I have survived a kid with stomach flu, Harry Potter Math & Science Night at Wreckity Girl's school, a week-long fruit and vegetable cleanse that has helped me realize that my stomach issues are most likely due to gluten sensitivities, and my 12 year anniversary, sans the Man. *sniff*

That last part was a little rough. It's never fun to spend your anniversary alone. The kids were spending the night at the MIL's, I had a mad craving for some Thai, but alas, no date. Thank GOD for my girl Meri who despite me giving her zero notice, and also despite the fact that she had been housebound and ill all week, managed to whip up a hawt smoky eye and show up ready for adventure. And, I have to say, not every husband is as generous in sharing his wife on a Friday night, especially when it means he is flying solo with 5, yes F-I-V-E children. So to Meri's DH, you are awesome, and I hope you liked your leftover green curry. Really, if you are craving some fresh and delicious Asian cuisine, Thai Old Town, has some amazing panang and even more amazing green curry. Go, eat, tell them I sent you. Okay, don't really tell them I sent you, because they have no idea who I am, but don't miss out on some good Thai!

2 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are more than welcome! I am always up for a little adventure. :) I am sorry though, that you didn't get to spend that time with your dh. Just a little bit more time and it will be over ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. not even a shout out to your amazing table mates across the aisle!:o)

    ReplyDelete